Protection Dogs (Service Dogs)
Service dogs are staying protection dogs.
The protection function has been the most important task of a service dog for the last centuries worldwide. The police officer's life and healthy will be worthy to protect today and in future. This will be true also in coming times. That’s why it's very essentially to give a well-founded basic training in protection services to all service dogs.
The optimal service dog will learn in basic training:
- To protect the healthy and the life of the police officer
- To avoid any attacks against itself and the K9 handler
- To find, indicate and surrender hidden criminal suspects
- To chase and surrender criminal suspects and to avoid any further flight by biting
Premises for Training a Protection Dog
A dog must meet the following basic premises to finish this basic training successfully:
- Common fitness and healthy
- Normal social behavior
- To be good to handle
- A minimum size of hardness courage and self-confidence
Structure of Protection Service Training
The goal of service dog training is a high reliable and controllable service dog!
To achieve this beside the good social behavior, the K9 handler must be able to interpret the nature and instincts of his dog and to channel them in the right direction.
The next pictures are showing the structure of prey working with assistant wearing inherent protection suit: